3rd Party Logistics (3PL)
SEREC is a 3PL provider based in City of Industry, Southern California, which handles the logistics for companies including the process of planning, implementing, and controlling the efficient cost-effective flow and storage of raw materials, in-process inventory, finished goods, and related information from point of origin to point of consumption for the purpose of conforming to customer requirements.
SEREC serves the international trade community as a U.S. Public Warehouse with Bonded Warehousing through the U.S. Foreign-Trade Zone #50 and as a Contract Warehouse (the hottest trend in warehousing). Companies that are located at SERECS Distribution Hubs around the world and utilize SERECS comprehensive logistics management services of handling and storage of domestic and international cargo as well as transportation will maximize company profits while lowering barriers to trade and getting their goods expedited through the country with on-time delivery to the customers.
As a 3PL, SEREC offers a myriad of warehousing services to the Client(s) within the public or contract warehousing industry:
- Bonded warehousing (FTZ)
- Pick & Pack
- Contract Packaging
- Point of Purchase (POP) Display Building
- Outside Storage
- Quality Assurance / Testing
- Rack Storage
- Garment on Hangers (G.O.H.)
- Customer Will Calls
- Same Day Shipping
- Sorting & Segregating / Sequencing
- Assessorial (Supplies)
The following are the multifarious distribution services:
- Just-In-Time (JIT) Distribution
- SEREC stores raw materials and distributes them directly to the manufacturing plants on the same day they are needed. Products are available just in time for required production operations in response to a customer demand-driven supply chain.
- SERECS facilities serve as a distribution hub for Original Equipment Manufactured (OEM) goods for on-time delivery to local retail stores. Companies may also utilize the Vendor Management Inventory (VMI) methods of having the foreign OEM carry all costs up to the warehouse. As soon as the goods are released from the warehouse, the distributor or importer becomes the owner of the goods during the short transit time to the retailer.
- SEREC distributes customer goods that arrive ready to be delivered. SEREC serves as the point of transfer from one type of transportation to another typically from full container loads to full trailer loads.
- Similar to Transloading, SEREC transfers customer goods that arrive ready for delivery from full truckloads (FTL) to less than trailer loads (LTL).
- Customer Logistics Center
- SEREC manages the complete logistics function for its customers including taking customer orders, making local deliveries, repackaging, labeling, and holding all stocks prior to delivery to customer.
- SEREC serves as a way station in the customer delivery process. Products arrive to the distribution facility in consolidated shipments for many customers and SEREC adds value by changing the product to meet individual customer orders.
- When you have multiple shipments bound for a specific region, Pool Distribution is a simple, cost effective alternative to LTL. SEREC manages the local distribution of products to retail stores within a 300 mile radius of our distribution centers.
- Break-Bulk Cargo Transfers
- SEREC handles the transfer to rail and van of iron, steel, heavy industrial equipment and other break bulk cargos.
- Build-to-order or Final Assembly Points
- Manufacturers postpone the assembly and final configuration of their products until customer orders require such operations. SEREC oversees the assembly of such operations and handles the distribution of finished goods to the end user.
- SEREC receives and distributes products within 24-hours to the local market with complete order accuracy and on-time delivery performance.
- Local and Intermodal Drayage
- SEREC oversees the in-bond drayage of ocean containers from the harbor to its warehouses
SEREC offers robust, state-of-the-art, Computer Services and Internet Fullfillment (E-Commerce):
A Radio Frequency system and bar codes are used to position and track pallets and product cartons. Customers can check inventory on-line and orders are received, shipped and confirmed via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). The SERECS Warehouse Management System (WMS) accommodate EDI transaction sets included below:
50,000 SKU'S Per E-Account
Real Time Inventory Reporting
FED-EX, UPS, DHL Tracking
FEX-EX Shipping Freight Brokerage
Integration to Transportation System
Secure Internet Transaction
User-Defined Multi-Level Holds
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Bar-Coding, Scanning & Radio-Frequency
Internet - Work Order Integration
Interface to Third-Party Software
Client-Specific Data Capture
SKU Velocity Reporting
SEREC operates a wide variety of Special Material Handling:
- Conventional Forklifts
- Carton Clamps
- Push/Pull for Slip Sheets
- Heavy Duty Equipment
- Shrink Wrapping
- Cardboard, Gaylord, Pallet, Nylon, & Produce Boxes
- Bulk & Polypropylene Bags
- Pallet Exchange
- Wood, Plastic, Metal, Composites, Paper/Corrugated, Gaylord, Block, Captive, Euro Pallet, Panel Deck, Plywood, Slave Pallet, Stringer Pallet, & Warehouse Pallets